That crate of peaches
slurped, sliced, peeled, baked in cobbler
Empty box, full tum!
What do you do after buying a crate of peaches from a man setting up on a street corner?
- Wonder what you’re going to do with SO many peaches when you get home.
- Pull off the cover and savor the sweet aroma of SO many peaches.
- Consume 1 or 2 or 3 right away and wonder why you still have SO many peaches.
- Be a little afraid of the repercussions of eating 1 or 2 or 3 peaches right away.
- Give them to your friends and your mail deliverer and wonder why you still have SO many peaches.
- Ask your son’s girlfriend if she’d like to make peach cobbler (because you don’t bake) and marvel at the fact that you still have SO many peaches left.
- Eat the entire peach cobbler (well, share a corner with someone you love) and look at what’s left of SO many peaches.
- Write a haiku about SO many slurpy peaches.
- Decide it’s time to do something with SO many peaches still remaining in the crate. Peel, slice, freeze . . .
- Smile at the thought that when you’re tum-tum is ready again, there will be SO many peaches waiting for you in the freezer!
Peaches. It’s what’s for dinner.