Award-winning author Helen Starbuck writes romantic suspense mysteries and has a third book coming out soon! Visit with us as she shares writing tips and her experience with research, planning, marketing, and more!
Show Notes with Links:
- Helen Starbuck is surprised by book awards! Tip: Check your spam folder and keep track of contests you enter!
- The Mad Hatter’s Son and No Pity in Death
- A “How Done It” story
- How autobiographical is MC Annie?
- How she chose a career in nursing
- What she learned from writing her first book
- Shout-out to her editor and to Jerry Fabyanic
- Lessons in publication
- 2nd book harder to write than 1st
- What about Diet Coke?
- Personal experience and required research
- The unreality of T.V. “injuries”
- Character relationship between Annie and Frost and the importance of secondary characters
- The Ian character and belief in backstories
- Planner of pantser? Shout-out to Annalisa Parent
- Colorado Independent Publishers Association and EVVY Awards
- Marketing strategies
- Tattered Cover Bookstore and Big Horn Book Nook
- Scariest thing that ever happened
- Reviews on Amazon
- What’s next?
- Self defense and weapons classes
- Christmas Market in Georgetown, CO
If you enjoy my podcasts, you might enjoy my books!
- Laurel’s Amazon Author page
- Intro/outro voice by Nick McHargue,
Podcast music from Jamendo Royalty Free Music
If you enjoyed this episode and others, please subscribe to Alligator Preserves on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts, and tell your friends about it! I’d love it if you “liked” the episodes you listen to, and I’d love it even more if you’d post a quick comment!
Please support Alligator Preserves on Patreon. You will be rewarded!