“Sign, sign, everywhere a sign…”
Who remembers the song by Five Man Electrical Band (1971)? I do, and in this episode of Alligator Preserves you’ll hear how some signs can be not only confusing, but downright embarrassing.
Laurel McHargue describes a time when misreading a sign led to a situation that left her feeling far from virtuous.
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
- Brainstorm about sign/signs
- Post Dying of Embarrassment
- Reading things “in context”
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Funny road signs
- Lesson learned: Read more closely and speak more softly in public
- Introduce next topic: First interviewee!
Dying of Embarrassment essay and photos
YouTube link to Five Man Electrical Band song Signs
Intro/outro voice by Nick McHargue,
Podcast music from Jamendo Royalty Free Music