Don’t call Marge Dorfmeister a cute little old lady.
There’s something about people who grew up on a farm. Octogenarian Marge Dorfmeister shares a lifetime of experiences, her poetry, her humor, and her ideas about the end of life.
Show Notes and Links:
- She’s a farm girl! Call her Marge
- Moving to Buena Vista, CO and never looking back
- Former president of Chaffee County Writers Exchange, and now the oldest member
- The news, war, and her work establishing a new campus of Colorado Mountain College
- Writing groups, the Shavano Poets, and her poem “What Was the Question?”
- Dealing with the end of a 67 year relationship with her man
The idea of being a “cute little old lady” and the circle of life
- “Old wives tales” medical treatment
- Happy memories, her husband, the Pick and Shovel Players
- Controversial actions
- Advice, even though she doesn’t believe in giving it
- Her songwriting and how her daily routine has changed
- These are a few of her favorite things
- Storytelling and dreams
- Next episode: Something completely different
- Episode 16: What Makes a Man
- Laurel’s Amazon Author page
- Intro/outro voice by Nick McHargue,
Podcast music from Jamendo Royalty Free Music
If you enjoyed this episode and others, please subscribe to Alligator Preserves on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts, and tell your friends about it! Please support Alligator Preserves on Patreon. You will be rewarded!