Do you even know what a pantser is?
In this episode I visit and laugh and really mess up a knock-knock joke with Annalisa Parent, writing coach and author of “Storytelling for Pantsers: How to Write and Revise Your Novel Without an Outline.”
Annalisa discusses the benefits of planning and pantsing when it comes to writing a book, how neuroscience influences creativity, ways to work around writer’s block, the evolution of language, and much more.
(see the interview on YouTube at: https://youtu.be/CqeptmXHF74)
Show Notes and Links:
- To see the “live” interview on YouTube (in which I make lots of faces), go to: Interview with Annalisa Parent
- Annalisa Parent, author of Storytelling for Pantsers: How to Write and Revise Your Novel Without an Outline, talks about planners and pantsers
- She hosts the Writing Gym Podcast and offers writing coaching services at Date With The Muse
- I try a “knock-knock” joke (because I know Annalisa likes them) and fail miserably!
- I tell her how I “pantsed” Waterwight: Book 1 of the Waterwight Series (Volume 1)
- We talk about books on writing we both think are great, including Anne Lamott’s Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life and Stephen King’s On Writing, a memoir of the Craft
- Annalisa discusses neuroscience and ways to optimize the brain for learning and creativity
- We talk about brainstorming (because, you know, neuroscience)!
- Annalisa and short stories (she has started some wonderful ones)!
- Overcoming challenges with clients (she’s a pro)!
- She shares her thought on the evolution of language
- The realities of finding a publisher
- Writing Gym Podcast episode with best selling author Steven James and his four very important questions
- Annalisa leaves listeners with a story starter. How will you finish it?
- CIPA EVVY Awards info
- Volunteer to judge this year’s EVVY Awards submissions
- Laurel’s Amazon Author page
- Intro/outro voice by Nick McHargue,
Podcast music from Jamendo Royalty Free Music
f you enjoyed this episode and others, please subscribe to Alligator Preserves on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts, and tell your friends about it! Please support Alligator Preserves on Patreon. You will be rewarded!
Submit your books to the prestigious 2018 CIPA EVVY Awards. The website for more information is at cipabooks.com. You have until May 19th, so don’t miss out!
And if don’t have a book to submit but love to read, please volunteer to judge this year’s submissions (and you’ll get a bunch of free books, too)! Click on this easy link to receive your favorite types of books. You choose how many and what kind of books you want. Remember – you get to keep all the books you judge for FREE!